Published: Mon, December 18, 2017
Entertaiment | By Kelly Sanders

Second Director Says Weinsteins Blacklisted Actress Mira Sorvino From Film

Second Director Says Weinsteins Blacklisted Actress Mira Sorvino From Film

Imagine a world in which Ashley Judd played Arwen.

"At the time, we had no reason to question what these guys were telling us - but in hindsight, I realize that this was very likely the Miramax smear campaign in full swing", he said.

A spokesperson for Weinstein said in a statement: "Bob and Harvey Weinstein had nothing to do with Lord of the Rings".

More information is coming in about all of the heinous acts that Hollywood megaproducer Harvey Weinsten committed against many industry members.

Last week, Jackson told Stuff that he remembers Miramax shooting down the idea of casting either Sorvino or Judd in Lord of the Rings during the period that the film was going to be produced by the company.

Speaking to American website Deadline, the 56-year-old director said Weinstein's assertion that the pair's "blacklisting" couldn't be true because (film studio) "New Line cast the movie" was a "deflection from the truth". In fact we met with Ashley and discussed two possible roles with her.

More news: How Much The Ball Brothers Are Probably Getting Paid In Lithuania

"While Ashley was the top choice for Miramax and Mr. Weinstein, the role went to Minnie Driver, who was the star and director's preference". "95 Golden Globes... at the Miramax Party..." However, many women that ran into Harvey Weinstein over the years were not as lucky as Jason Priestley.

Weinstein, an individual we all wish would stay quiet and out of sight for the foreseeable future, took time to refute these accusations, because of course he did. Weinstein himself has denied "any allegations of non-consensual sex", but said when the knews broke that "the way I've behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it".

Terry Zwigoff has apologised to Mira Sorvino after claiming Harvey Weinstein blocked him from casting her in "Bad Santa".

Judd said, "Peter and Fran had me in - showed me all the creative, the boards, costumes, everything".

Kadian Noble has filed a federal lawsuit against the Hollywood producer over the alleged abuse. "Although his name had to be on the Lord of the Rings credits for contractual reasons, he was not involved in the movies we ended up making".

The remarks by the director of Bad Santa comes after Peter Jackson made similar allegations.

Like this: